Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Administrator issue in HP SD 4.5 (SP 20)

Highlighted
PeterGray
Occasional Contributor

System Administrator issue in HP SD 4.5 (SP 20)

Hi,

I am having an issue in Service Desk SD 4.5 SP20 where on some occasions in a Support Request the person who made the update does not have their name recorded in the update. Instead System Administrator shows up. This may be because of rules not firing or some being out of order but the issue is inconsistent & only occurs sparodically- I cannot find a pattern.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter
5 REPLIES
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Re: System Administrator issue in HP SD 4.5 (SP 20)

Peter,

Why do you suspect rules not firing or being out of order? Do you have business logic rules that move data from one field to another?

The Pike
PeterGray
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Yes we do. The Information Update field is used to move the data enered there into the Information field as a means of recording entries.

Thanks,

Peter
The Pike
Honored Contributor

And are the occurrences related to this fields in particular?
PeterGray
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Well for the majority of cases this would be correct yes-if a change is made to the Ticket it needs to have an Information Update or if a field is changed it will be automatically updated to the Information Update field.

Thanks,

Peter
Meine de Vries
Regular Collector

I have experienced database rules not firing at all, but never Database rules firing out-of-sequence. Be aware however that what you see in the 'history' of a ticket is not necessarily in the order that it occurred. I imagine this occurs because several database rules may have executed within the 'date-time-stamp' interval on the history table. In other words in 1 second several rules did execute and the sequence showing in the history is not the actual execution order. Also maybe someone threw you a curve ball by making changes to the ticket logged on using the 'servicedesk' account, which makes changes appear as â System Administratorâ .

Good luck

Meine
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event