Did you mean: 

Subject: OVSD 4.5 SP17 - Controlling Field Access by Folder with Roles

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
chappers
Occasional Advisor

Subject: OVSD 4.5 SP17 - Controlling Field Access by Folder with Roles

I saw this as a question a while back, but for some reason cannot search the forums (or get much from Google) at the moment.

I know this is a limitation of Service Desk 4.5, but I'm looking for various workarounds - it really shouldn't be this difficult!

Role 1:
Only Approval Votes section is writeable for 'Global' Changes, view/modify given to the 'Global' Folder only

Role 2:
A variety of fields are view/modify for a 'Customer' Folder, with the specific 'Customer' Folder having view/modify/new rights and no other Folder rights given.

Seperately these Roles work as expected, but when combined, all the modify fields from the 'Customer' Folder become modifiable for the 'Global' Folder. Why? Tried
the 'Include Roles' section and a number of different combinations without luck.

Having a UI rule that stops the End user modifying particular Change fields doesn't really cut it when there's lots of fields - I simply want the relevant fields Greyed out (View only).

Ideas?
1 REPLY
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Subject: OVSD 4.5 SP17 - Controlling Field Access by Folder with Roles

Hello,

<>

This is from the help file and answers your first question.

Second, folder entitlement like status entitlement is holistic. A role will have access to ALL fields of and item or NOT.

If you want to restrict access to specific fields this can be done by folder entitlement. This is given per item/per role by opening a role, selecting an item and pressing "Advanced...". In the "Fields" tab you can define in what fields what access should have the role you are editing.

But this is per ITEM and not per folder. You can't do that per folder in OVSD 4.5. This is another field that OVSD 5.xx is better than OVSD4.5
menes fhtagn
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event