cancel

Strange attachments

Highlighted
PatrikT
Respected Contributor.

Strange attachments

Hi ,

we use SD4.5 SP20.
Since some time we get attachments not anymore in txt format but is a strange format like this : Default attachment.txt;size=140;creation-date=Wed,03 Mar 2010 07:19:56 GMT, modification-date=Wed 03 Mar 2010 07:19:56 GMT

whereas this normally should be default attachment.txt ...

Emails create servicecalls via exchange2003 using an SMTP connector to a HPUX-server where a sendmail deamon picks this up.
Our attachments are stored on a Windows machine using FTP.

has anyone experienced the same and how did you fix this ?

Kind regards,
Patrik
4 REPLIES
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Strange attachments

What if you send e-mail directly to SD skipping the hpux server? Does the same behavior occur?
PatrikT
Respected Contributor.

Hi, Pike , Is this possible without the sendmail deamon ?

I thought not as this has been setup by HP consultants some years ago (even before I joined the team) ...

Can you tell me or is this thoroughly explained in the admin guide? - I did not find much info there -

Kind regards,
Patrik

Oleg Shilovskiy
Trusted Contributor.

Install any mail client, ex. The BAT and set in smtp server field, IP of your application server. And Try send mail to one adres from Inbound list.

I think your bug connected with exchange2003
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Of course it is possible. Service Desk has its own SMTP service listening for incoming messages. You might want to check pages 135, 136 and 137 in the Installation Guide.

Say for example you have setup an inbound e-mail address called reset_pass so when users send an e-mail message to reset_pass@mazda.com your e-mail platform (exchange) redirects them to sendmail and then relay to Service Desk's inbound e-mail server (reset_pass@servicedesk.mle.mazdaeur.com).

So, for this exercise, from your outlook client or other client of your choice, try sending e-mail directly to reset_pass@servicedesk.mle.mazdaeur.com.

It will all depend on how your e-mail servers are configured. If they're setup so that all e-mail is forcibly sent to sendmail then you're gonna need more than the test I suggest.

If unsuccessful, have your e-mail and unix admins look into removing the sendmail portion of this. Even if you mention this was setup by consultants in the past, to me it seems like a step that could be skipped but then again, I do not know your infrastructure.

Good luck!
Points are welcome.

The Pike