Stop the clock in non accountable status SD 5.1

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Maria Isabel
Trusted Contributor.

Stop the clock in non accountable status SD 5.1

Hello,

I would like to configure Service Desk 5.1 to update the deadline when the service call is in a "not accountable" status.

I have seen in the forums several ways to do this in SD 4.5 but they do not work in SD 5.1.

Has anyone managed to do this in SD 5.1?

Best regards,

Maribel
3 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Stop the clock in non accountable status SD 5.1

Hi Maribel,

Yes - we have got it working and the basic 4.5 method can be used but you need to adjust it a bit.

The 4.5 method uses the Planned Start/Finish fields to do the calculation and you use the same appraoch in version 5. Unfortunately version 5 has a check which does not let you make planned finish earlier than planned start (and vice versa) so you need to cater for this.

See the attcahed

Hope this helps, Ruth

http://www.teamultra.net
Mike Khashan CA
Trusted Contributor.

Dear,

In addition to the other suggestions, it was tested in our lab that SD 4.5 SP 19 and higher has better performance using â build 1.4.2_09â . Here is what I can suggest:

1- Stop all SD applications.
2- Clear all SD applications server cache
3- Install Java 1.4.2_09 following the default path
4- If you have memory issues update SD server script to use the other option of allocating memory (comment / uncomment in the script)
5- If you install Java from step 3 in a non default location you have to update sd server scripts to point to the new java location.
6- Consider installing multiple SD servers (on the same box) and distribute the load between them

For sure you have to test the above in you lab.

Thanks
Mike
Maria Isabel
Trusted Contributor.

Thank you very much Ruth!

I have tested it and I have just modified the following action:

Planned Finish set to (Add timespan to [STC Period Ended] '1 day');

Instead of this I have emptied the planned finish, because if the STC Deadline original was greatter than one day after the STC Period Ended, the rule did not work.

Now, it works perfect for me.

Best regards,

Maribel