Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Status entitlement problem in SD 5.0 SP2/5.1

Highlighted
mmv
Respected Contributor.

Status entitlement problem in SD 5.0 SP2/5.1

Hello

We have a problem with status entitlement after upgrading from SD 5.0 SP 1 to SP 2. We need status entitlement for restricting users from reopening closed service calls.

Now when user opens service call in status he doesn't have access to, he gets an error message (in some cases 2 messages) "You are not allowed to modify this service call".

The service call is in read-only status, but some of its fields (description, category, classification etc) have wrong values, in fact they have the values of previously opened service call, but some attributes are correct (deadline, closure code, solution). The ID of service call doesn't change.

When this service call is opened by user having access to status, the information is correct. I couldn't find why some fields get correct values and some do not (I tried changing copy/required fields, with the same negative result).

Strangely enough I found the same problem in SD 5.1 in completely different enviroment.

I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES
CADBIOSS
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Status entitlement problem in SD 5.0 SP2/5.1

Did you perform the DB upgrade process after applying the server patch?

Cheers...

Jim
mmv
Respected Contributor.

Thanks for reply!

There is no DB Configuration Wizard for SD 5.0, DB upgrade process is the part of applying the server patch. There were no errors in upgrade log, and the system worked fine in all other aspects.

Anyway, the problem remains in SD 5.1, that was not upgraded.
Sean Almond
Honored Contributor.

This is a known error with security settings I think.

We have a similar problem and had a hotfix from support which only fixes the main part of the bug. I believe it is resolved in SD5.1 SP1 due 1st half December
mmv
Respected Contributor.

Thank you. Waiting for service pack.