Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Closed not available on drop down

Highlighted
dmann
Collector

Status Closed not available on drop down

Please help.

One of the roles I have created can no longer choose closed as a status.

I cannot find were the security is for this selelection. The roll have write access to status.
6 REPLIES
dmann
Collector

Re: Status Closed not available on drop down

OK, in the role security, I found the Service Call, details status access. The Status from and to were blank. I then explictly change the status from and to, to registered and closed.

This was working then stopped. In other roles these fiels are blank. This is the second thing with this role which became a problem with the defaults.

Is this a bug in Openview 4.5? Somehow the role becomes corrupted?
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Bill,

Are you using folders? Status access is per folder. Is it possible that it appears to work sometimes, and other times not, because your items are in different folders?

-Josh
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Another possibility is that for a CHANGE there is a field "Wait for Workorder Close" and this will "hide" the CLOSED status(es)
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

One more reason could be, it has some predecessors which needs to be closed. Please check the relationships.
-Ram
dmann
Collector

HI,

Thanks for the feed back.

We are not using folders. So it could not be folders.

WE have not implemented the CHNAGE module, so I do not think it is realted to CHANGE.

I check the relationship and did not see any issues therre.

At this point I beleive that adding a new status caused the role to not give security correctly.

The workaround was as stated: to xplicity set the status permissions under the role.
dmann
Collector

Used workaround:

Set status permission explicitly for the role.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event