cancel

Starting sd 4.5 client with different profiles on one host from a batch file

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Raman Shcharbak
Honored Contributor.

Starting sd 4.5 client with different profiles on one host from a batch file

I`ve tried to use /PROFILE and /USERFOLDER options (were found in admin guide) - The first one seems working as profile name is shown in window title. But the second option does not.. Settings are still taken from user_settings.xml from standard place (userprofile\app data\hp \...). I`ve also tried to use /SETTINGS option (is offered when starting SD client with /? argument ) but it does not work too. And i have another question - how to start sd client from windows batch file without waiting for completion command line window.. With sun jre this can be done using javaw instead of java. Is there any way to do this with win JVM? wjview does not resolve this.
Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES
Raman Shcharbak
Honored Contributor.

Re: Starting sd 4.5 client with different profiles on one host from a batch file

sorry, /settings option works. But anyway i want to define special folder for a profile for cached objects.. How to force /USERFOLDER to work?
Raman Shcharbak
Honored Contributor.

Re: Starting sd 4.5 client with different profiles on one host from a batch file

Ok, I`ve managed to start client from batch file without annoing waiting cmd window - just used in batch file as command: start wjview ...
So only one question is left - specifying userfolder (for cache) per profile... Any ideas?
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Ive not used /USEPROFILE but I change the HPSD shortcut to "launch" from a separate SD_CLIENT.INI (stored in ...\CLIENT\PROFILES\XXX ) and this then names the diferent USER_SETTINGS.XML and allows for the cache to land here too.
Raman Shcharbak
Honored Contributor.

Thank you Mike!
I`ve simply mislooked this line in xml file:
%MY PATH TO CACHE DIR : )%
You have directed me in right way. Thanks again
Raman Shcharbak
Honored Contributor.

Moreover, if you delete this line from xml file than /USERFOLDER option of sd_client begin to work.