cancel

Starting Tomcat

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Mohammed Albust
Honored Contributor.

Starting Tomcat

attatched is a screenshot of an error that keeps coming up when i try to start Tomcat.

could anyone help please
6 REPLIES
Ashly A K
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Starting Tomcat

hi!

01. You should use the same Java, which came alogin with the SD CD ROM for the best results.

02. Cheack the Java home path settings.

-Ashly
Ps: Thanks for the points, if any.
http://www.geocities.com/helponhpopenview
Mohammed Albust
Honored Contributor.

I used the same java that came with the CD. Java settings are all on the defaults. is there a specific setting that i need to change?
Mihai Tita
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

JAVA_HOME set incorrectly.
Set the variable to point to the directory where Java is installed.
Make sure you point to the root directory, not to the "bin" directory inside the root directory.

Regards,
Mihai
Mohammed Albust
Honored Contributor.

where can set that variable to the correct path?
Mihai Tita
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

The Tomcat startup.bat calls . . . bin\catalina.bat. Within file catalina.bat there exists the following line:

%_EXECJAVA% %JAVA_OPTS% %CATALINA_OPTS% %DEBUG_OPTS% -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS%" -classpath "%CLASSPATH%" -Dcatalina.base="%CATALINA_BASE%" -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%" -Djava.io.tmpdir="%CATALINA_TMPDIR%" %MAINCLASS% %CMD_LINE_ARGS% %ACTION%

Remove the %_EXECJAVA% environment variable from this statement, and replace it with either of the following values: java or start java

For example:

java %JAVA_OPTS% %CATALINA_OPTS% %DEBUG_OPTS% -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS%" -classpath "%CLASSPATH%" -Dcatalina.base="%CATALINA_BASE%" -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%" -Djava.io.tmpdir="%CATALINA_TMPDIR%" %MAINCLASS% %CMD_LINE_ARGS% %ACTION%

Regads,
Mihai
Ashly A K
Acclaimed Contributor.

yes...the above should resolve your issue.

-Ashly
http://www.geocities.com/helponhpopenview