Smart actions in SD 4.5 sp14

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Mathias Byrö
Respected Contributor.

Smart actions in SD 4.5 sp14

Hello!

I tried to create a new smart action in Service Desk.
I first created the application (Remote Desktop, mstsc) and then the smart action (/f /v:[IP Adress]).
When I log in as system administrator it works fine; I can open up e.g. a server CI and then via Menu -> Actions choose to start a RDP-session.
But when I log in as an ordinary user I can't see the option to start a RDP-session at all! It's strange though, because as an ordinary user I still can choose to Ping a server CI.

I suppose that this has to do with some rights that has not been set properly, but where can I do that?!

Many thanks in advance!

/Mathias
4 REPLIES
Steven De Smet
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Re: Smart actions in SD 4.5 sp14

Mathias,

In the role for the person, select the item where they will use the smart actions, click on advanced an go to the tab actions. Relate the new smart action to his role and disco.

Steven
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Mathias,

Check that the ordinary user has a role where you have given access to your smart action.

See tools>System>Security>Access>Roles; select the relevant role and then item type, press Adavnced and select the Action tab. Click the Relate button and then select the smart action.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Mathias Byrö
Respected Contributor.

Thank you both for your quick (and absolutely perfect!) answers! Now it works!

I've been looking for this kind of information in the documentation for Service Desk, but I can't find anything about this. Do you know where to find it?!

/Mathias
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Mathias,

This is documented in the Admin Guide (about page 59) but only as a description of HOW you give access to an action. The bit that is missing is something that lists WHAT you need to do in order to get the access you want. We (Fox) cover this in our Admin training course but I have not found any HP documentation which helps with this.

Regards

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net