cancel

Smart action to create problem from Service call

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Johbo
Respected Contributor.

Smart action to create problem from Service call

I need help from HPSD users from the first hour. We are working on HSPD 4.0 SP1. (Upgrade is planned) The following smart action has been made to create a problem from a SC. "Form Problem" -ForceNew "+Description=[Description]" "+Status=[Status]".

When we start the action from the Service call the problem screen opens but the moment we want to change initiator or assigment the screen goes on hold and we have to stop the SD user.
It happens with several users.We have tried it with another template but that did not help.
13 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Smart action to create problem from Service call

Hello John,

Though you are using old version, what are you trying to achieve? Create a problem related to service call or create a problem and after creation relate it to service call?
menes fhtagn
Johbo
Respected Contributor.

We are trying to create a problem AND want to relate it to the service call. But the relation is an issue on its own i believe. If you have a solution for that also i would appreciate it. At this moment we are not able to create the problem. Relating will be the next step.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

In SD 4.5 this is possible but I don't know if it is in 4.0 but since you don't have something to loose have a look at http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=808712

As for the "on hold", what excactly kind of hold is that? Freezing or like loosing focus and cannot get it?
menes fhtagn
Johbo
Respected Contributor.

Thanks George,

That is really a long story, and usefull info about the relations. Can use that for the next step, but i first need to create the Problem record. The freeze means that i cannot do anything in the screen anymore not even log out. So my session has to be stopped by the administrator.

John.
Johbo
Respected Contributor.

sorry, on hold means freezing. I cannot do anything on the screen anymore.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

John,

Now that I see more carefully you are passing SC's status to Problem. Are you sure that the statuses are the same?
menes fhtagn
Johbo
Respected Contributor.

George,

I have deleted the status part from the action. I have used the basic problem form and a basic template, this way HPSD opens a problem record, i can edit fields and i can open the assignment box. But the moment i click on the find group button (to select a group) everything stops and i have to stop my session.

It looks like it has something to do with selecting a group or a person. When i create a problem in a normal way i can select groups and persons, so authorization should be OK.

Hope you have some other ideas.

John.

PS Congrats on your new status in this forum.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

John,

Open a command prompt and go to Go to %SD_CLIENTHOME%\bin. There type
sd_dataform.bat "Form Problem" -ForceNew "+Description=TEST PROBLEM". Does this work? Can you assign the problem ?
menes fhtagn
Johbo
Respected Contributor.

George, I am afraid that does not work because i am in a Citrix environment.

At this moment i have deleted the assigned group from the template, used a standard HPSD problem form and now it works with one user. Tommorrow they will try some other users.

I cannot explain the real reason.

Thanks for helping so far.
Johbo
Respected Contributor.

Ok, after trying it with a new user everything failed again. Also with the user that worked well before.

I do not get it anymore. I have tried it with other templates, other users, with initiator field, without initiator field, with requestor, without requestor. With initiator field filled from the service call or empty Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

At this moment the problem screen is created but when i want to assign the problem is freeses after i clicked the find workgroup button.

Someone any good ideas ????

George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello John,

This is happening *ONLY* to problems? Have you check if it happens in incidents or changes?
menes fhtagn
Johbo
Respected Contributor.

George,

It was also happening with create change records. Today (Monday) it looks like it is working fine again. Sometime it works sometimes it dont. I will close this thread and will upgrade to 4.5 asap.
Thanks for you help.
Johbo
Respected Contributor.

partly solved.