Smart Actions not showing on Business Requestor Role

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Kim Holden
Super Collector

Smart Actions not showing on Business Requestor Role

Good Afternoon everyone

Please forgive me, but I am learning this system and have come to a complete dead end.
We are running Service Desk 4.5 on Windows.

About 5 weeks ago, I related a single Smart Action to the Business Requestor role and it was working fine when it was released in all 3 environments - dev, test and prod.

Today we discovered that the 7 Smart Actions that are related to the Business Requestor role are not showing for anyone logged in as Business Requestor, though they are all still related to the role correctly.

The Smart Actions are still available and working fine for the IT Roles of Change Coordinator etc.

This has happened in Dev, Test and Prod.

I have checked the Business Requestor Role against the IT Roles and it looks fine.

I have cleared caches and unrelated, then re-related the actions to the role - but still no show.

Does anyone have any idea if there is another area that could be interferring?

Any help would be really appreciated :)

Thanks for your time

Kim Holden
6 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Smart Actions not showing on Business Requestor Role

Hi Kim,

Can you post details of the action and screen shots of the role please?

I do know of an issue with overview actions and roles (the role must have both the action and the view it uses linked) but have not seen anything with smart actions.

Regards, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Kim Holden
Super Collector

Hi Ruth

Thanks for your help. I'm unsure exactly what you are after so have attached a document with several screenshots in it. If you need something else, please let me know :)

Kim :)
Kim Holden
Super Collector

Sorry I reread your message again, even though the action says the view is "open summary capacity estimates" - I cannot find a View named this, and the IT roles don't have a view of that name related either.

Strange...

Or I'm missing the point :)
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Kim,

I think the issue is that the action (am overview one) is linked to the role but the view it uses is not. To check this go to
Actions & Rules>Actions>Overview Actions>Chnage and then open the relevant action. See which view it is using to display the result and ensure that this view is also linked to the role.

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Kim Holden
Super Collector

Ruth

Thank you so much for this. You are correct. The views have been unrelated from the roles without anyone realising they were needed for the overview actions.

I am about to go through every role to check the overview actions now.

Thanks again for your brilliant help.

Kim :)
Kim Holden
Super Collector

The overview actions did not have the relevant view related to the role.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event