Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Action @ Service Call, Organization, change

Highlighted
Anju
Regular Collector

Smart Action @ Service Call, Organization, change

Hello
I have a field at the change level which I want to access from service call, organization through smart action.

can someone help me how to link service call and change; organization and change through smart action. I only need the field names. Like at the work order level when i create a smart action the field list displays change and the related fields but at the service call level i can't find any fields which relate to the change.

Your prompt action will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Anju
7 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: Smart Action @ Service Call, Organization, change

HI
Read this topic, beliave that help to you.
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=808712

Vasily
Anju
Regular Collector

Thank you Vasily but I am not sure what sd_dataform.bat is? meaning where hsould i run this batch file? how does this work? is it given by hpsd?
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

HI
Open Admin guide p 137, plus forum posts and you might doing the magic :).

Vasily
Anju
Regular Collector

thankyou appreciate it. but sd_dataform does not relate entities it only allows to search, view, create related items.
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

HI
If you like add automatic relations to created item, use sd_event with rule.

Vasily
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Anju,

What exactly do you want to do?

What I understand from your description is that when an organization is changed at service call then do something on a change.

If the change is already related and you want to update a field, then you should use db rules, from there you can update related change(s) field.

If you want to list all changes that the organization field on service call is for example requestor;organization on change, then you should create an overview action.
menes fhtagn
Anju
Regular Collector

Hi George
Thanks for asking. When I create a smart action @ org level I need to select an application which I already have written which is supposed to validate the data in the field from which smart action is invoked. Now to pass parameters to my application I need to select the fields at the org level and I cant find the custom field created at the change level to show at the organization level obviously. Is there a way I can link change and org and service call so that I can use custom fields(Created at change level) @ the org and service call level? This is what I am looking for. I don't know how to use sd_event. is sd_event the solution?
Anju
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event