Small Black Box

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Peter!
Super Contributor.

Small Black Box

Hi All,

Almost everybody saw for a moment a small black box called command prompt when an UI rule runs. Is there a way to configure the OS not to popup this window, only the nice SD output appear.

TIA
Peter
11 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Small Black Box

Peter,

Chances are that this black boxes appear if the ui rule executes a batch file (in most cases sd_dataform.bat) as action. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, there is no way to prevent this window.
menes fhtagn
MarkvL
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Peter,

You can do this with a VB script, here you can choose the option to hide the command window.
This VB script has to be present on each client.

Mark
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Peter!
Super Contributor.

Thanks guys,

Yes, it is sd_dataform from a batch file. I'm not so happy, but I can't fight against the facts.

Peter
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Peter,

There is a chance that whatever does the sd_dataform can be done by an overview item. Can you post some details, maybe there is a way out of using sd_dataform.
menes fhtagn
Ivo_11
Frequent Contributor.

Peter,

You might convert (compile) your batch file towards an executable and test it to see if you problem still hapens. At least it will run a bit faster.

Batch2Exe programs:

BFC, Bat2Exec etc... (google)
Peter!
Super Contributor.

Thank you George,

Here is the full script:

@echo off
cd %SD_CLIENTHOME%
call sd_dataform.bat "Configuration Item" -listalways "Field1"[Contains]%1 "Field2"[Contanis]%2

and this is the scenario:

The Service Call can be linked with two CIs, for the first built in CI there is an internal action can be accessed from the button. The same action doesn't available on the second (custom) CI field. That is why I have created an sd_dataform call, and the customer does not satisfied with the small black box.

Peter

Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi there,

A simple way round this is to use the code within sd_dataform.bat rather than this file it self. This means you set the application to run jview and in the smart action give it the parameters as in can be seen in the sd_dataform file followed by the noraml sd_datafrom parameter:

For example the paramters would look like:

cp lib\hotfix.jar;lib\servicepack.jar;lib\ui.jar;lib\sdui.jar;lib\libftp.jar;lib\common.jar;lib\sdcommon.jar;lib\resources.zip;lib\jclark.zip;lib\ms_interfaces.jar;lib\jdbcodbc.zip;lib\classes12.zip com.hp.ifc.ui.comInterface.comClient.java.AppCommandLineInterface -ListAlways "Service Call" ......

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Peter!
Super Contributor.

Ivo,

what you mentioned works fine. I searched Google and found some tools each of them with demo licenses. In our implementaiton nobody wants to register it. Maybe somewhere exist such a freeware tool.
Does anybody know any?

Peter
Christian Nilss
Super Contributor.

execute the bat file as below:

start /min java -jar xxxx.jar

then the command window become minimized, maybe this is not good enough...?

cheers
christian
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Peter,

You wrote
<<
Here is the full script:

@echo off
cd %SD_CLIENTHOME%
call sd_dataform.bat "Configuration Item" -listalways "Field1"[Contains]%1 "Field2"[Contanis]%2
>>

Unfortunately this can't be done with overview actions. The operator in overview actions is eiter "equal to" or "not equal to"
menes fhtagn
Peter!
Super Contributor.

George,

I use smart action.

Peter