The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sizing problems for Server running Service Desk - Web Console

Highlighted
Marco Antonio G
Regular Collector

Sizing problems for Server running Service Desk - Web Console

Greetings to all!

We are currently in the final stages of our implementation and have run into a rather serious problem regarding the Web COnsole.

We started out with a dedicated server, meeting the minimum requirements specified in the documentation 512Mb RAM, etc. and it BARELY handled 5 simultaneous users before nearly slowing down to a halt.

We then Doubled the RAM on server and the Web Console started giving us problems after 10 users.

Setting our total target user population of 2000-2004 users aside...and olny considering the 300 concurrent licences we posses....how much memory shoud a dedicates server, running the Web Console have in order to handle 300 simultaneous connections?

If any of you with experience in these matters can help provided me with a baseline spec on the kind of server I should be considering it would be an enormous help as I will have to request new hardware acquisition based on some sort of parameter.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!
2 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: Sizing problems for Server running Service Desk - Web Console

HI
on my company WC(-;)) used not more 100 people.
h/w 3.0 GHz, 1 Gb Ram
The memorey: When used memory start a grow I restrict the Application Server using memory as -XX:MaxNewSize=16M -XX:NewSize=32M -Xms200M -Xmx300M , because memory need for Tomcat - this tool grab memory too much. But perfomence be not good. Then we add the second one CPU and WC start working more quickly.
That's my history. :)

Regards,
Vasily
Marco Antonio G
Regular Collector

Re: Sizing problems for Server running Service Desk - Web Console

Just to update the situation...we might be receiving a server with TWO 700MHZ RISC processors and 2GB RAM, running HP-UX.

Do you think this kind of server with the Web Console installed can handle 300 simultaneous users ?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event