Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Single application server with 2 different databases

Highlighted
Badrinath H K
Honored Contributor.

Single application server with 2 different databases

Hi,

I have installed HPSD 5.0 with SQL server 2000 with sp3 and my application working fine.

Suddenly my SQL given some problem and I need to uninstall SQL. I have taken SQL backups regularly and restored to another database in other server(database names are same)

Now i am trying to map my local application server to remote database server. In server settings editor connection is successful with the database credentials that I have given. When i am trying to login it is throwing an error .Please find attached doc for error screen shot. In client settings it is throwing error like application server is not running.

What may be the error and how can i make my application up with a restored database

Thanks all.

Regards,
Kalyani
4 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Single application server with 2 different databases

Can you ping the server that the restored database is on from the server running the application server?
Can you connect to the database via command line (or other tool) to verify that it is up and running?
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

What does it say in the error log?
Badrinath H K
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

My database is up is OK. I am able to ping to the database serevr from application server. but my application server is not running and it is giving some "soapfault" error

In log file it is showing some java lang error.

Please find both as attachments
Badrinath H K
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

My database is up is OK. I am able to ping to the database server from application server. but my application server is not running and it is giving some "soapfault" error

In log file it is showing some java lang error.

Please find both as attachments

Thanks & Regards,
kalyani