Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Single User can't receive emails

Highlighted
John Cook Vocal
Super Contributor.

Single User can't receive emails

I have a situation were a single user has stopped receiving emails. The user is a member of a workgroup with six other users all of whom are receiving email alerts. The server log appears to show the emails sent but they don't get through. I have had the email account checked and there appears to be no issue no other email is failing to get through to the user all relevant boxes in Advanced Options have been ticked. We use HPOVSD 4.5 SP 23 on a Windows 2003 platform

Thanks
John
5 REPLIES
Himanshu Chawla
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Single User can't receive emails

Check if it's not being marked as SPAM and either getting blocked or going into the JUNK mail folder.

Himanshu.
John Cook Vocal
Super Contributor.

Cheers for your response. I have tried that. There is no sign of the email hitting the junk folder or reaching the users account at all
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

If the server log shows the message is being sent, why not trace it on your e-mail platform?

The Pike
Gurevich
Super Contributor.

check if options "send me emails when ...." are ON for this Person. He could disable them from his own client.
John Cook Vocal
Super Contributor.

Thanks for all your help. This appears to be an issue with the users email account and not with HPOVSD so I'm going to close the thread