The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shouldn't Work Orders table have a view?

Highlighted
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

Shouldn't Work Orders table have a view?

Hey everyone, excuse the noob question. Only been live on OVSD 1 day.

I'm trying to build a forward schedule of Changes report in Crystal. I'm using Change view (v_change) for the main report and I'm trying to use a work order view as a subreport. Unfortunately, there are no v_workorder views listed.

Best I can come up with is sd_workorder which is a table. I figured I'd link the value wor_cha_oid in the sd_workorders table to object_id field in v_change view but its not working. The report shows me all the changes in the system, but no workorders what-so-ever.

So a few questions...
1) Does ServiceDesk 5.1 have a workorder view?
2) If (1) = Yes then what would cause it to not show up when I run the create views command?
3) What field connects workorders to changes?

4 REPLIES
5.1 Casualty
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Shouldn't Work Orders table have a view?

1) The view is called V_WORK_STRUCTURE

As a new administrator also, I am still trying to link views together. Am interested in the answer if someone else posts...

Trish
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

Well that definitely gets me all the work order fields I need. I'm still looking for what connects the Work Order table (view) to the Change table (view) though. :(
Leon B_1
Collector

Hi There

In case you are still wondering about this, a workaround was needed to generate the V_WORK_ORDER view.

This has since been resolved in SD 5.1 SP1. Let me know if you need the instructions to generate the V_WORK_ORDER view.

Regards,
Leon
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Leon, I knew I wasn't on crack!

We've been on SP1 a couple weeks now. Will the "generate views" functionality now create an appropriate work order view? Or will I have to trick the tool into doing what I need (like every other "feature").
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event