cancel

Shortcut to start Servicedesk 4.5 SP14

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Simon Bond
Trusted Contributor.

Shortcut to start Servicedesk 4.5 SP14

I am having trouble manually recreating the shortcut needed to start Service Desk. Normally I would just copy the shortcut but I am setting up a published app on Cirix Web Interface 4 and need to create this manually. I am unsure of the location of the file it needs as if I follow the exact location as it is installed normally (C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{04308080-34D6-44A7-8505-8496E7CD64F9}\SD.exe bin\sd_client.ini) this doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? I have enclosed a screenshot of the error message when recreating the shortcut. I would also point out that I have altered the start in location to "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\client\" but still nothing.
4 REPLIES
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Shortcut to start Servicedesk 4.5 SP14

Hi Simon,

You can also create a shortcut of service desk client by start--?programs-->HP OpenView Service Desk 4.5 -->client -->start client.
Right click on it and click on create shortcut or copy it and save on destop.
This will create a shortcut.

Regards,
Akhil
Simon Bond
Trusted Contributor.

Akhil, thanks for the reply, but as I mentioned in my question, I am able to do this but it doesn't help. I need to be able to MANUALLY recreate the shortcut in citrix.
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Hi Simon,

Well then you can try to call sd_client.bat file in "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\client\bin" path.This file opens the client.You can also change the batch file(make sure you don not change the original one)..

Hope this will solve your sol.

Regards,
Akhil
Simon Bond
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks, I could have sworn blind I'd already tried this but clearly not as it works perfectly. Thanks again.