Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Severity vs NMS Severity

Highlighted
Steve Sills
Trusted Contributor.

Severity vs NMS Severity

We are using Severity instead of Priority and when creating a rule for severity escalation, our only choice is NMS severity. Is there anyway around this?
5 REPLIES
Steve Sills
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Severity vs NMS Severity

More information - The rule was written to be called when a Service Call or Incident record is initially created. This rule will be triggered by the Severity being set on the record. An e-mail will be formatted and sent out to a distribution list, based on the Organization related to the record. Incidents will use the Owner Organization field to determine DL membership. Service Calls will use the Organization of the Caller to determine DL membership.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Steve,

can you add a screen shot and the rule. Is there a field on the form called Severity-have you created this. Is NMS severity an OVSD custom code field or the severity field from another application?
Steve Sills
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Mark,

Here is some additional information (I am researching this for someone else, so more information is trickling in).

This rule is to fire when an NNM event triggers a Service Call in Service Desk. It appears that the NMS Severity is not mapping to Severity in Service Desk, which then allows the rule to fire.

We do have a field on the SD form caled Severity.

If you need more info, let me know and I will obtain. Thanks for your help.

Steve
Steve Sills
Trusted Contributor.

More Info --

The rule works when creating a Service Call, however, when creating a rule for an Incident and Severity is selected, it fills in with NMS Severity. This is what we need to fix in order for the rule to work. Thanks again.

Steve
Carol Hibbard
Acclaimed Contributor.

Sounds like a problem in your import mapping for the incident and specifically the severity field.

How does your integration define when to create a service call vs an incident?