The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up DB rule

Highlighted
Koijam Baleshwo
Regular Collector

Setting up DB rule

could anyone help me a manual or any materail how to set up db rules in OVSD. I am using SD 4.5 SP 17.

Thanks in advance.
Koijam
4 REPLIES
Ken Briscoe
Honored Contributor

Re: Setting up DB rule

You'll find all this in the HP Admin Guide or the online Help. The doco you need is the HPSD Administrators Guide, but you also need the SP7 Addednum becuase that's when the current format DB and UI rules came in (I think). The ADmin guide is on the your install CD. I've attached the SP7 Addendum.

But your SP17 download should have this, plus the Sp15 and Sp18 addundums. You just have to unpack the SP17 dowload to find them.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Koijam Baleshwo
Regular Collector

Thanks a lot for the instruction Ken, The attached manual really helps. Do i need the administrator rights to create rules?

Regards,
Koijam
Ken Briscoe
Honored Contributor

You certainly do need admin rights. And I recommend only very few people have admin rights to your system, becuae the rules can do a lot of damage if not controlled and tested properly.
Cheers.

(PS...some points would be nice).
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Koijam Baleshwo
Regular Collector

Oppps!!! i forgot Ken, anyway thanks alot.:)

Regards,
Balesh Koijam
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event