Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting premissions on a rule (SD 4.5 SP12)

Highlighted
Peter J Gray
Regular Collector

Setting premissions on a rule (SD 4.5 SP12)

Hi,

I have created a UI Rule which is working properly. However, I have not been able to figure out how I set permissions so that a system administrator is not prevented from making a change i.e. overriding the rule. At present the sys admin cannot make the change & is affected by the rule.

Thanks,

Peter
3 REPLIES
Steven De Smet
Frequent Visitor

Re: Setting premissions on a rule (SD 4.5 SP12)

Make a checkbox that you hide for all users but visible for the sys admins on the form. If the sysadmin is going to override the rule, let him check the box.

In your UI rule add the boolean field in your condition.
Peter J Gray
Regular Collector

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your mail.

Ok, so if I create a custom field Check box how do I then apply that in the UI Rule so that only a sys admin can see the check box.

Thanks,

Peter
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Peter,

You do not hide fields using UI rules; you hide fields either in the role definition, or in the form.

In this case, you should hide the field in the role definition. Open each role you have defined click on the item where you have defined the UI rule. Click on the advanced button. In the first tab, you will see a list of all the fields for that item. Highlight the field that corresponds to the boolean you are using for the UI rule, then click on the Hide button on the right. Doing this will hide this field everywhere for the role (forms, views, etc).

-Josh
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event