Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Set deadline of a service call to the end of next business day

Highlighted
Kai Manderbach
New Member.

Set deadline of a service call to the end of next business day

Hi,

is there any possibility to set the deadline of a service call to the end of the next business day, depending on service hours defined in the Service-Level.

Regards,
Kai
5 REPLIES
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Set deadline of a service call to the end of next business day

Hi Kai,

GO through this link:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1015383

Maybe this will help you...

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
I'm not sure in a method by Saurabh is princeple will working correct. Why? exm: SL = M-F 8-19, our deadline set to Friday, but Kai like set it on end of next B.D. , that must be Monday 19. So Your manipulation with Max. duration not help in this case, I beliave only web-api where you creare own eadline calculation bease on N.B.D. I'm understood that not help you, but this is of my opinion.

Vassili
Kai Manderbach
New Member.

Hi,

thank you for your replies.

@Saurabh: It is a method of resolution, but it is not exactly what i am looking for. I think Vassili has understood the problem. You can have different support hours each day (e.g. at weekend) and the Close of Business for the next business day must not be the same as today.
I think, I have to use the web api to create a solution. I am not new to the web api but I do not know if I get the end of business for the next business day (this must not be the next day!) via the web api. Any suggestion?

Regards,
Kai
Gavin_30
Super Contributor.

Hi Kai,

Have you managed to solve this problem?
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi there,

By "next business day" I assume you mean according to the support hors schedule in use.

So if you are going to use the web api, I think if you can work out how many hours there are to the end of the next day (say n) and then set the planned start=actual start, and planned duration=n, planned finish should be set to end of NBD according to the support hours schedule. Then you can set Deadline to planned finish.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net