The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Successor starts as soon as possible by default for a new work predecessor

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Anju
Regular Collector

Set Successor starts as soon as possible by default for a new work predecessor

Hello
In gui, there is an option to add a new work order predecessor through a work order but by default the predecessor is set to Successor Starts only if Predecessor is closed. Users can manually change this to Successor starts as soon as possible but I want to set this by default through admin console. There is a system action called Update Predecessor to wait. I have tried to create a UI rule as follows:
when an item has been opened
condition : template item equals work order predecessor (but it shows as item equals null not sure why)
action : system action update predecessor to wait

and it does not seem to work. I have tried options such as when new item is opened, before the item has been saved....
Next, I have tried the rule without the condition too but nothing seems to work.

Can someone help?
Thanks
Anju
5 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Set Successor starts as soon as possible by default for a new work predecessor

Hello Anju,

Open Administrator Console, go to Data/Templates/Work order Predecessor. Select an existing template or create a new, open it and check "Default template".

Then double click "Successor starts Only if Predecessor is Closed" and check it or uncheck it.

From now on, when you add a predecessor it will use the settings defined on that template.
menes fhtagn
Anju
Regular Collector

Re: Set Successor starts as soon as possible by default for a new work predecessor

Thank you George. Appreciate your prompt response and the fix. It worked.
Anju
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Anju,

If the answer helped you assigning some point would be great.
menes fhtagn
Anju
Regular Collector

I did earlier but guess didn't do it right. I have finally assigned it right now. 8 points to you. Thank you.
Anju
Anju
Regular Collector

George, let me know if you have received the points I had assigned to you.
Thanks
Anju
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event