Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Servicecall Email Link

Highlighted
Selvarajan
Super Contributor.

Servicecall Email Link

When user receives a email Notiifcation when the Servicecall is registered ,whether a link to the servicecall can be Provided?
So that when the user clicks on the link in the email received the servicecall to be opened with all the information.(Similar to Approval Task Notification).
Can anyone adivse me to acheive this.

15 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Servicecall Email Link

I've seen this done by "hacking" the issued JSP for ViewEditServicecall so that it makes a connection to the server via an "anonymous" login and then displays certain fields - read only of course.
Can't let you have the code I'm afraid.
Selvarajan
Super Contributor.

Mike,
We need this requirement,any other solutions to implement this.Please suggest
Jonathon Druce
Acclaimed Contributor.

Why not just put in the URL for Service Pages in the email? The user will need to login and then they can use the standard restricted or full list. The approval URL still needs the user to login so the functionality is not that much different.
Selvarajan
Super Contributor.

Hi Druce,
Login with their username and password is fine no issues.But user should land directly on the particular Servicecall which they receive by email instead of using Restricted or Full List.
Any suggestion,please
JaS_4
Acclaimed Contributor.

http://thematrix.nld.hp.com/sd-sp45/ViewServiceCall.jsp?vSc=59490

The syntax of service pages url is like above but depends on the version of your servicepack, you may not be able to modify the email notification message. But you can replace the system email notification with your own and use the url above and replace the SC id with the id parameter provided by the rule.

Selvarajan
Super Contributor.

JaS,
Thanks for your feedback.I tried as suggested but it doesn't work.
1)Can you tell advise me the parameter in the URl mentioned is correct?
2)Does i have to code in ViewEdit.jsp for the authentication in this case?
http://ovsddev.etisalat.corp.ae:8088/sd-sp45/ViewEditServiceCall?vSc=[ID]
JaS_4
Acclaimed Contributor.

I believe for ViewEditServiceCall, it uses the internal OID value instead of the ID value.
eg
http://xxxxxx.xxx.xxx:8080/sd-sp45/ViewEditServiceCall.jsp?vSc=281478280511578

If you look in the database, this number is stored in the column 'SER_OID' in the table 'ITSM_SERVICECALLS' and the ID is store in the same table in the column 'SER_ID'.

I am not sure how you get the translated ID to OID into your rule. Maybe web-api can help but I am not an expert with web-api.
Selvarajan
Super Contributor.

Thankyou all for your suggestion,Even i am not sure, how i can acheive this. Let me check any other workaround is there or not.
Abed Said
Super Contributor.

Hi Selvarajan,

Have you solved that issue, because i am stucked into it?
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi there,

An alternative if you don't want to get into amending jsp files, is to put in a link which fires off an email; for example by adding links to view or update the call:

To view:

"mailto:sc?subject=View%20[ID]"

To update:

"mailto:sc?subject=Update%20[ID]%20&body=Information=The%20caller%20[Caller;Full Name;First Name]%20[Caller;Full Name;Last Name]%20has%20updated%20this%20call%20"

You could alter "Information=" part to be whatever field you use to update your diary.

Hope this helps, Ruth

http://www.teamultra.net
Abed Said
Super Contributor.

Hi Ruth,

This is a workaround, but is it possible to know the OID of a service call?

How it is calculated?
Sandeshp_1
Honored Contributor.

Hi Selvarajan,

You are looking for the same thing mention in attachment ?
If yes, then you have to create one .asp file and mention what u want to see on that page.
For me, when the Call gets register, the register email goes to caller, and mention the link to find the status of your call through the link.

The SC fields are autoupdated in the link. Through which the caller gets the information about his call time to time , whenever he click on the link.

For me my VB expert create the asp file for me and i configure it for SC call ID, Description, Severity (Priority), deadline, Actual start, and many other.
Please find some SQL lines below. You will get some idea.

'Response.Write mysql
set RS = DBCnn.execute(mySql)
if rs.eof<>true then
varser_id=rs("ser_id")&""
varser_description=rs("ser_description")&""
varrcd_javaconstant=rs("rcd_javaconstant")&""
varper_name=rs("per_name")&""
' varorg_name1=rs("org_name1")&""
varrct_name=rs("rct_name")&""
varreg_created=rs("reg_created")&""
varser_deadline=rs("ser_deadline")&""
varser_actualfinish=rs("ser_actualfinish")&""
varser_pri_oid=rs("ser_pri_oid")&""

Sandeshp_1
Honored Contributor.

Missed attachment. Please find here
Selvarajan
Super Contributor.

Hi Sandesh,
Thankyou for your response.I have acheived this with java script but not in a professional way.
Selvarajan
Super Contributor.

As mentioned in previous comments