Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

ServicePages

Highlighted
Alfio Torrisi
Super Contributor.

ServicePages

Someone can tell me where i can found documentations about how create and modify SD 5.1 Service Page? I don't know JSP...

I need to insert new custom field in the new service call page, and modify a lot of default field.

Thanks for your help
8 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: ServicePages

Hi,

I haven't found an "official" guide on modifying Service Pages. It boils down to you either know jsp, are willing to learn jsp or get someone with the necessary skills to modify the .jsps for you.

Once you see how to modify the jsp to say add a field it is similar for other fields.

There are some threads that have details on the basic configurations. I will have a lok and see if I have any worked examples I can give you.

Do you have anyone in you org with jsp / html skills?

Its not the answer you are looking for but there is no easy interface with which to modify service pages.
Alfio Torrisi
Super Contributor.

thank you. I find someone that has these skills.
Eng.NM
Honored Contributor.

there is not tailoring tasks in the service pages more than section 2 in the SD admin guide...I tried to attach it but it was too large, u can download it from HP product manual portal, let me know if u need further help.

Alfio Torrisi
Super Contributor.

I need to modify button "configuration Items" to open a drop down list contains User's CI and not Organization's CI (default)

SOMEONE CAN HELP ME and give me the jsp code?
thank!
-=R=-
Outstanding Contributor.

Alfio,

We had to get some custom Service Pages work done too. Just be advised that HP support won't go near you once you make the customizations.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

They won't provide configuration support for you under your support contract but they may bump you over to C&I which will generally cost you in consultancy time.

If if breaks the support guys will refer you back to C&I if you need help fixing it.
Alfio Torrisi
Super Contributor.

thank you for your advices.
-=R=-
Outstanding Contributor.

" They won't provide configuration support for you under your support contract but they may bump you over to C&I which will generally cost you in consultancy time. "

In our experience, having C&I on-site is all the reason Support needs to cut you off entirely. Or worse, C&I paints you into a corner you need Support to get you out of, but they wont, because C&I was the people who put you there.