Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ServicePack Update Failing Error 1706

Highlighted
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

ServicePack Update Failing Error 1706

Hello all,
Trying to install sp13 (from sp9) I am getting the error No Product found 1706 for the msi package.

I have gone into the uninstall key and tried changing the location for the source, and still no luck.

Any suggestions?
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
4 REPLIES
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Re: ServicePack Update Failing Error 1706

Also seeing this error:

Product: hp OpenView service desk 4.5 application server -- Internal Error 2755. 1612, C:\WINNT\Installer\3f3a33.msi

msicuu2.exe, tried on T&D, after pointing to the msi for each item i.e. server, client, etc... was able to install sp.

Still wondering if anyone has any suggestions as far as which reg keys to update in order to avoid using MS's tool msicuu2.exe?
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

other error (full)

Product: hp OpenView service desk 4.5 application server -- Error 1706.No valid source could be found for product hp OpenView service desk 4.5 application server. The Windows Installer cannot continue.
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

Hi Marc,

Have you try downloading the SP13 again in case the original were somehow corrupted ?
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Not the sp, re-downloaded, successfully loaded in 4 virtual environments.

This issue has to do with the msi installer and the fact that drive letters have changed where the orig install occured during the normal O&M in production.

Setting up new cluster, but until then in order to get the integrations with OVOW set up sp13 is optimal (ovow 7.5)

Thanks for the thought.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event