Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

ServiceDesk4.5 configuration error on windows 2003

Highlighted
Girdharilal
Contributor.

ServiceDesk4.5 configuration error on windows 2003

We have Service Desk 4.5 and want to install on WIndows 2003 standard edition RC2 and Sql2000 server with SP4. I have installed SD4.5 with latest SP24 & patch for service desk 4.5 support pack Windows Server 2003 & service desk 4.5 service pack 17 JRE1.4.2 and Tomcat 5.0 support pack.

Also what java JRE and JSDK version required.

I cant server the service & servicemanager error.
please find the below error:
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\bin>sd_serverm
anager.bat
No server specified, taking localhost..
Failed communication with localhost
No servers found.

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\bin>sd_server.
bat start
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hp OpenView service desk 4.5
Copyright (c) 2004 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. All Rights Reserved
booting..............
The version of the application server on citrixdemo.computerpoint.co.ke (v4.5.0588.2405) is not compatible
with the hp OpenView service desk database version (v4.5.0588).

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\bin>sd_version.bat
Acronym: SD
Version: 4.5.0588.2405 (SP24)
Company: hp OpenView
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2004 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. All
Rights Reserved.
Description: service desk is a family member of the hp OpenView suite.
ProductID: B4321
ProductName: hp OpenView service desk

regards
Girdhari
7 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: ServiceDesk4.5 configuration error on windows 2003

Hello,

After installing a Service Pack, you must run the "Database configuration wizard" to convert OVSD Database to the SP version.
menes fhtagn
Girdharilal
Contributor.

I have run database configuration wizard and configure the database. Also want to know how to start application server console for user account configuration to login to server

regards
girdhari
Rune Kvale
Super Contributor.

Hi Girdhari

As George said and according to the error message the server and database are on
two different service packs.

You need to open the "database configuration wizard" and choose "Upgrade existing database" and follow the wizard from there.

Best Regards,
Rune
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi there,
For client settings see chapter 6 of the install guide, The Connection Wizard and Client Account Settings.

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Girdharilal
Contributor.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I run database wizard and upgrade it and now it is starting the server.

I still cant find how to get application server console to configure it for client & account and also because of that i cant getting the register the server option.

Please send your view and awaiting.

regards

Girdhari
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Girdhari,

I am sorry but i do not understand what you are asking for - chapter 6 of the install guide has this information - can you explain which bit you do not understand?

Regards, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Girdharilal
Contributor.

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for your reply. actually, previously i was not getting system user password to get administrator console. Now,I have got it and logged with user:system with password. SD is working perfectly without any error.

regards
Girdhari