ServiceDesk Web Console in 1 Machine with Application Server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Eric P_2
Outstanding Contributor.

ServiceDesk Web Console in 1 Machine with Application Server

Dear All,

From what I read, SD Web Console may not be installed together with SD ServicePage. But how about if we install it together with Application Server. Will there any problem in the long run? (I'm planning not to add more system because Web user will be only 3-5 person).

Then the most important thing is Java. Currently I'm using standard Java SDK from SD CD (Java 1.3..x) I just wondering if it is possible to just uninstall it and then install Java 1.4.2.x without shutting down Application Server?

Need your suggestion.

Thanks in advance,
EP
8 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: ServiceDesk Web Console in 1 Machine with Application Server

Hi
You can install 1.4.2_09 without shutdown a OS, but after redirection JAVA_HOME to new location you need in restarting HPOVSD all services.

Vassili
Eric P_2
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Vassili,

Thanks for your answer, U remind me about JAVA_HOME.

btw, how about my first question. have u ever tried this (Web console with Application server in one machine)?

Thanks,
Eric
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI
That not possible be before sp18, but you can try install web console, I think will working, but is it good? Tomcat will grab memory, a minimum 100MB after run and will increase in working process.

Vassili
Oguz Kutlu Asi
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

You can install Web Console and Application Server on same machine. In some cases where you have performance issues, that is recommended setup. You can install JDK 1.4.2.x without uninstalling JDK 1.3.x, if you have problems running Web Console, just make sure that JAVA_HOME points to JDK 1.4.2.x folder.
What's right is right, whether or not God exists
Eric P_2
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Vassili,

Sorry I forgot to tell you that I'm running SP15.

So in SP 15 haven't supported to run Web Console and Apps Server in one machine right? (CMIIW) I haven't read any information about running Web Console and Apps Server in one machine.

Oguz,
That's a good idea. I Think I'll just install both SDK.

Thanks,
EP
Oguz Kutlu Asi
Outstanding Contributor.

Eric,

No matter what service pack you are using. You can safely run Web Console and App. Server in one machine.
What's right is right, whether or not God exists
Eric P_2
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks guys,

My questions answered.

Thanks,
Eric
JaS_4
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Eric,

I heard some people had issue with Tomcat 4.0.3 & java 1.4.2. It works but then fails after a while and require downgrading to 1.3.1.