The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ServiceDesk 5.1 Sp1 Data Exchange yields duplicate phone numbers

Highlighted
bpgraham
Collector

ServiceDesk 5.1 Sp1 Data Exchange yields duplicate phone numbers

Has anyone encountered a situation where each run of data exchange will add a set of phone numbers for a person? We have separate classes for each of the types of phone numbers (telephone, mobile, pager, and fax), and the export/import seems to pull them in correctly and map them, but it creates a new set of them each time it runs. I've tried various combinations of the "primary key" on the phone numbers but nothing seems to prevent the additional sets of numbers (in some cases they don't import at all). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
5 REPLIES
jconsola20
Occasional Visitor

Re: ServiceDesk 5.1 Sp1 Data Exchange yields duplicate phone numbers

We had the same problem where we have cell phones and business phones. I had to use 2 separate xml files and create a separate import map for each one.
Gerry Allardice
Honored Contributor

Not sure whether you have discovered a fault here but ensure you have the person included in the primary key.

Typically both the Person and Telephone Type would be the primary key. This should allow only one number of each type for each person.
bpgraham
Collector

Thanks for the replies. I have tried various combinations of primary keys:
Just Searchcode (party)
Searchcode and telephone type
searchcode and telephone number
telephone type and telephone number
and Searchcode, telephone type, and number.

None of the combinations seem to resolve the problem. I'll try separating the mappings, because they are all in the same import/export right now.

Thanks again!
jconsola20
Occasional Visitor

My import is from SAP. We use 4 separate xml file that are exported from SAP. I created one import map with 4 item mappings. I import each file one at a time. The items mapping for the cell phone #'s and business #'s are attached. Hope that helps.
bpgraham
Collector

No of the recommendations have worked, I'm going to open a ticket with HP Support. Thanks for all the suggestions.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event