Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ServiceDesk 4.5 Service Pages with SingleSignOn available here - download and enjoy!

Highlighted
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

ServiceDesk 4.5 Service Pages with SingleSignOn available here - download and enjoy!

I have updated my Single Sign On package for Service Desk 4.5 to include working Service Pages integrated with JCIFS. That allows to provide Service Pages to users without requiring them to know their ServiceDesk username and password. Instead user's identity is retrieved from Windows NT Domain (via JCIFS) and using my SSO package the authenticated session is created in the background. This way when user opens ServicePages (s)he is already logged in without providing any username and password. This has been long asked for but AFAIK this is the first complete and publicly available solution. You just need to deploy the SSO package, change domain name, IP address of domain controller and off you go... Also the HTTP filter performing the background logging in is provided with source code to allow you to modify it to use some other source of user identification than the data provided by JCIFS.

You can read about and download the solution here: http://www.skolnik.info/sdutils/sso/readme.html It is too big to be attached here...

Any questions can be asked here or at radovan@skolnik.info
1 REPLY
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

Re: ServiceDesk 4.5 Service Pages with SingleSignOn available here - download and enjoy!

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event