Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ServiceDesk 4.5 LDAP import: Entity not defined

Highlighted
cyn3rgy
Acclaimed Contributor

ServiceDesk 4.5 LDAP import: Entity not defined

Hi all

I've spent about 12 hours trying to get this working. I'm running out of ideas and have hit the limits of my SD knowledge. Can anyone help?

I'm trying to import records from AD to SD4.5. I have read the data exchange document, and many posts on this forum. I have attached a file that has screenshots, the ini file, and the xml file. The export from AD is working fine. The import into SD from the xml file is failing. I'd really appreciate someone giving me some hints.

thanks

Andrew
3 REPLIES
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

Re: ServiceDesk 4.5 LDAP import: Entity not defined

Sorry - but I am too lazy to analyze that. However I can offer alternative (much better IMHO) solution for the same task: my LDAP exporter: http://www.skolnik.info/sdutils/ldap/readme.html

It produces output acceptable by Import process and provides much more options to do export from LDAP.
cyn3rgy
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi there

thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. Has the paging been coded into your ldap solution yet? I have no option to change the AD max page size here and there are some 6000 users in the AD. I have written a VBScript that generates the required XML (which works fine) but then discovered a problem when importing into SD. I removed my VBScript and generated the xml file using the native LDAP stuff. I exported 1 record from the AD (see attached xml file) and it failed to import. I suspect there is something I have wrong in the import mapping but can't figure it out. Let me know if the page size function has been implemented in your solution and I'll be only too happy to use it :)

cheers

Andrew
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

The paging support is there for some quite time - see the history at the bottom. Also you can set the pageSize to 0 and you will retrieve all there (provided your AD doesn't limit it).
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event