Hello all - I wanted to know how many of you previously worked with Peregrine ServiceCenter and have converted to HP Service Desk. We made the switch last year.
One of the gaps between the two systems is SD's inability to provide reporting data down to a detailed error level. In ServiceCenter, this was accomplished through the 4 level Category Codes. In the last level we provided the specific error code or "part" that was impacted on the Application or Item listd in the 3rd level called Product Type. SC provided a built-in field dependancy relationship that allowed the lower levels to be driven based on what was selected in the higher levels. This is not possible in SD without using a ton of UI rules. Since we don't want to list off of the possible different error codes in Cat & Class in SD, we aren't able to provide similar reporting to determine what is driving our tickets.
Are there others that have faced this similar issue? What steps have you taken to get around this roadblock?
Steve - I've not used SC but have faced similar issues where for reporting purposes one would like to have lots of code values but they are in some sort of relationship with other codes, you never want to show all of the choices at once. Setting up UI rules for these restrictions was nigh-on impossible. I believe that the "Generic relationships" facility in SP17 may offer a glimmer of hope - OK setting the things up may take a while and in a dynamic environment maintaining them may be too expensive - but - if the set of codes is pretty stable then for the cost of setup I suspect ONE UI rule will provide the interlocks quite efficiently. Have a play and see what you think.
Thanks for the info. I haven't read that much on SP 17 yet. We are currently on SP 12 and want to go up to 17, but we haven't found the time to do it yet. We may just end up waiting for 5.1 before we move.