Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Service pages attachments HP Service desk 4.5

Highlighted
Becs_1
Valued Contributor.

Service pages attachments HP Service desk 4.5

I am trying to allow users to attach documens on the service pages. I have used the code supplied by Karol and that end works however the file is not being copied from the original location to the Service desk server attachment folder. It creates the folders but doesn't copy the file. I get the following error
Error when put file C:\temp\test.txt to attachment server: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\temp\text.txt (The system cannot find the path specified)
Can you please advise if there is something i'm missing or something i need to do on either the server or in HP Service Desk?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
4 REPLIES
Sandeshp_1
Honored Contributor.

Re: Service pages attachments HP Service desk 4.5

Hi Becs,

Can you please check: whether u are able to upload the file through normal FTP command in the root (FTP) directory ?
i think u are aware to use ftp commands.
Sandeshp_1
Honored Contributor.

Hi Becs,

Can you please check: whether u are able to upload the file through normal FTP command in the root (FTP) directory ?
Post the output

i guess u are aware to use ftp commands through Command prompt / IE
Becs_1
Valued Contributor.

Hi Sandeshp

Thank you for replying.
In response to your query I am able to copy files from c drive etc to the server using ftp commands at the ftp root. Is there anything else i should be checking for?

I have attached a copy of the error messages
Micheal Y
Trusted Contributor.

Becs, I'm curious if you ever solved this. I'm experiencing the same issue and looking for some guidance in fixing it.

Thanks in advance!

Micheal