Service page configuration doc

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
SWATI SHARMA
Honored Contributor.

Service page configuration doc

Hi

If somebody has any doc related to Service Page Configuration other than the Sd Admin Guide so plz share with me.
10 REPLIES
Gurevich
Super Contributor.

Re: Service page configuration doc

no docs, no configuration :(
just JSP coding and WebAPI docs (Web_API_pg.pdf from SD distrib and web_api_javadoc from your service pack distrib).
SWATI SHARMA
Honored Contributor.

In sd client we can create incident related problems easily,is the same possible in service pages.
Err_1
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hello Swati,

You need to undestand that Service Pages is a very limited tool, used mostly to visualize and open records by users with limited access to the application.

If you want to use a web based client with more access you can use web console, web console has aroun 90% of the same capabilities that the regular SD client.

I have attached you a document that explains with details the differences between SP and WebConsole.

Regards;

Please do not forget to assign points !!
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
SWATI SHARMA
Honored Contributor.

I know i am asking a very foolish question but i hav no idea of using the web pages which u mention.Kindly guide me!
Gurevich
Super Contributor.

Err, web console and Service pages - diffirent things :) Also, webconsole can`t replace sd client, because not all UI rules works correctly in WC. :(
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Evidently they are different things.
Though, the lack of detailed documentation is something they both share :-D .

I think Err is right in suggesting Web Console as an alternative with several more features than Service Pages.

Since SWATI is so curious about the functionality they can get out of the SSP (which out-of-the-box is limited, as it probably was intended to be) it is worth to give Web Console a try.
-=R=-
Outstanding Contributor.

WARNING!
Web Console is a hazzard. Back when our nightmare with this tool began a couple years ago, we were told explicitly by HP support to shut this feature off as it supposedly contributes to our stability issues (which we still have).

Don't expect much out of service pages either.
SWATI SHARMA
Honored Contributor.

Thanks!
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Swati,

Web console works fine for me in SD4.5, from what I see in other posts, this is the version you are using.

It is indeed no replacement of the thick client but it does what it says it does.

Like I said, it is worth giving it a try. If you don't like it, at least you will have made an educated choice by testing it.
SWATI SHARMA
Honored Contributor.

Hi Pike

Thanks 4 ur suggestion i'll definitely try it.