Service desk licensing

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Fernanda Barbos
Trusted Contributor.

Service desk licensing

Hello,

is there a way that I can see all calls open for user on Service DEsk without using a license?? I mean, can I access Sd via web, check calls opened for me even if all concorrent and named licenses are being used?

Cheers,

Fernanda
4 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Service desk licensing

Hi Fernanda,

you could set the SP view to filter the calls that you want to see but everyone else that the filter applies to would also get the same view.

You could access the database and pull a report directly from the Service Call view and filter this in excel.

Otherview a license would be required.
Fernanda Barbos
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply... what do you mean by everyone else that the filter applies would also get that view? I dont know how SP works so I guess I am missing something here.

What I need is a way i could see all the calls that belong to a support person via web so I wont need a license.

I read at the manual that Support Engineers are able to access Service Pages using their existing Service Desk accounts if Service Pages views and templates have been
set up for them. Does this mean they wont be using a license???

Cheers,

Fernanda
Rubem Andrade
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Using ServicePages you dont need any license.
However you must have and userid valid to ServicePages. You may configure the userid as a client (concourrent) and he can use SD via ServicePages without use some license. You need set a role with enginner attributes in order to SD make the distiction and treats him like that.
Regards,
RA
Fernanda Barbos
Trusted Contributor.

Oi Rubem...

vi q vc eh do BR...
sera q podia me ligar no 2225-4847 (RJ)?? ou passar seu tel por email pra mim no fernandab@etailor.com.br

obrigada!