Did you mean: 

Service desk fields

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Andrej_19
Collector

Service desk fields

A customer is writing its own custom web application, which should insert service call into Service desk. At the time, they
are using an old one, which writes parameters correctly into SD. By looking into source code of the old application the customer has
found out which parameters are necessary and how they are generated.

The problem is however the ITSM_SERVICECALLS.SER_OID field, table ITSM_SERVICECALLS.

I would therefore have two questions;

1.) What does this field mean and how can it be generated?
2.) Which other tables and are also populated, when a new service call is created ?

Any further information would be fully appreciated.

Regards,

Andrej
4 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Service desk fields

Hello Andrej,

The "TSM_SERVICECALLS.SER_OID" is the primary key for ITSM_SERVICECALLS and it is used as foreign key to all tables that are related to ITSM_SERVICECALL.

I don't think that it is good idea to generate it by hand. As far as I know the WEBAPI provides the necessary functions for creating items, my advise is to use them.
menes fhtagn
Andrej_19
Collector

George,

as I'm not quite familiar with API's:
is this related to web-api.jar ?

Are you saying that, when a new service call is created, Service desk is using webapi file or am I missing somehing ?

Regards,

Andrej
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Andrej,

I think what George means is that the OID is determined by the system and so you shouldNOT attempt to insert a record using SQL because you cannot generate a valid OID.

But if you use the web API to create a new record then the OID will we generated in legal fashion.

Generally I would strongly recommend that if you want to write a new web front end that you get your developers to look at the web API documentation and they should be able to determine what they need to do from that.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Andrej_19
Collector

Thank you Ruth,

case closed for now.

Customer has found a workaround.

Regards,

Andrej
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event