SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Andrej_19
Collector

Service desk - Active directory synchronization

Hello,

I'm getting bombed with questions about service desk today:

I know that SD- Active directory integration is almost impossible. I can import persons into Service through LDAP extractor.

But can I synchronize personell data from AD and Service desk ? Is it possible to create some kind of scheduled task to keep databases equal ?

Best regards,
Andrej
5 REPLIES
Michael Lutfi
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Re: Service desk - Active directory synchronization

My dear yes you can....create a batch file with the command

sd_exchange export_import

then use Windows scheduler to run this whenever you want to e.g. i had it for a client 5 times a week on working days at 12 midnight :D

Good luck...

oh yeah last thing place the *.bat file in the path of \client\bin and make sure you create dummy files for *.log and *.xml files for first time use....for some reason it does not have the intellgence to go create it itself or i am doing something wrong but the easy way out for me was just to create these files....

David Borojevic
Frequent Visitor

... and in the windows scheduler make sure that the start in is ...\client\bin directory where sd_exchange lives.

cheers
Andrej_19
Collector

Again opening this theme as it is becoming actual theme again.

Data exchange mecahnism as suggested is acceptable.

But I'd like to achieve that, when items are extracted from LDAP, only new or updated (and not all) personell are imported into servicedesk repository (or, how to set servicedesk settings to reject importing existing personell) ?

1.) Is it possible to achieve such an integration ?

2.)How about when users are deleted from AD; is it possible to delete them while synchronizng with AD database ?

Regards, Andrej
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

within the data exchange task in the admin console there is an option (check box)where you can specify to use Delta's. This way only changed or new item's are updated.

You need to specify the previous file that was used on the last import as the previous exchange file. You may need to do some scripting to fully automate this.
Andrej_19
Collector

Thank you.

How about delta option throug command line data excahnge ?

Regards, Andrej
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event