Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service desk 4.5 sp24 web console avaliable?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
rashid musoke
Regular Collector

Service desk 4.5 sp24 web console avaliable?

Morning,
We recently upgraded our service pack to the most recent service pack 24 and are looking for the related Web Console. Is the Web Console for service desk 4.5 service pack 24 out yet?
15 REPLIES
Jay Mistry
Frequent Visitor

Re: Service desk 4.5 sp24 web console avaliable?

Hi Rashid,

From the info were gettign out of HP the web console for clients is available at the end of sept/early Oct. The web console for the admin console is due in Jan 2008.

Jay
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi there,

Yes - see http://openview.hp.com/sso/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=SDSK_00149

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello,

This is the standard web console (that was introduced on SP11) or the new web client? Because to my knowledge the new web client would be available at fall 2007
menes fhtagn
rashid musoke
Regular Collector

Thank you Mrs Ruth Porter, as always you are a God send.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Rashid,

don't forget to assign points to those that helped. Especially when the answer was provided.

Have a nice day.
whiteknight
Honored Contributor

Rahsid,

it is available
http://support.openview.hp.com/patches/sdsk/4.5/win.jsp

Web Console for Service Pack 24
Posted Date: 2007-Aug-22
Symptoms: Change Request: ITSM009034 The field status is not showing the values in the Web Console SDSK_00124 Change Request: ITSM008943 Online help for webconsole on sorting orders needs to be corrected SDSK_00109 Web console upgrade for Service Pack 22 SDSK_00105 Change Request: ITSM008855 History lines in Web console localized environment not sorted as in default view Change Request: ITSM008857 Advanced find criteria fields not sorted in Web console in localized

WK
please assign points

Problem never ends, you must know how to fix it
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I will repeat the question: This is the new web client that supposedly will replace the ms java client or the standard Web Console? (the one that was introduced in SP11). Because I think that is the latter.
menes fhtagn
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi George,

The link I posted is for the web CONSOLE we all know and (possibly) love.

As for the new web CLIENT (thin client) as far as I know this is not available yet.

Regards, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Jay Mistry
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ruth,

see my earlier comments re the new web CLIENT.

I got the wrong end of the stick with this thread ;-)

Jay
rashid musoke
Regular Collector

Ok, Web console is up and running, only problem is that I can not log on with any known application accounts I have. it gives me an error that Login is incorrect even though the accounts work fine. The manuel tells me to check the roles.log file, but when i check the default location for it \SIP\log> there is no roles.log file created. I have run the bat (create_role_db.bat) file for regenerating the roles database however this does not seem to have resolved anything. Has anyone seen this problem before?
I assume that it has to do with communication between the two servers.
Pitt Zhou
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rashid,

With regard to your login issue, I suggest that you should check:
1. Please check your account for login Web Console is the SD account(not SP account).
2. Please check whether the SD server is running which is specified in \SIP\conf\share\stations\mgmtStations.xm.
3. Please check whether the running SD server version is SP24.

Hope it will help you.

Peter
juanmi
Occasional Contributor

Hi, we're trying to install Web Console for SD 4.5 SP24 Windows. We've installed JDK (1.6.0_02) and run throughout the install process (patch name is SDSK_00149.EXE) apparently without problems.

On execution time, however, we only get a 'Directory Listing for /' page -listing an empty dir- instead of a login page. Copying any index.jsp into the ovportal root directory (C:\Archivos de programa\HP OpenView\SIP\webapps\ovportal) works (we can 'see' that file on http://localhost/ovportal), meaning _that's_ the directory where a bunch of .jsp files were supposed to be, but they aren't there (there are several sub dirs: WEB-INF, WEB-INF\classes, ... but no .jsp files).

Plus, by looking at the installation log, we found there are 6 NONFATAL ERRORS:

Modify Text File - Single File: No Target Chosen
Additional Notes: ERROR - Unable to locate ASCII text file to be manipulated. Deferring...

Modify Text File - Multiple Files: No target chosen
Additional Notes: ERROR - Unable to locate directory to be manipulated. Deferring...

...and so on. Does that mean some files that should be there haven't been correctly installed? Anoyone saw anything similar? Thanks in advance.

JM
juanmi
Occasional Contributor

Hi, we're trying to install Web Console for SD 4.5 SP24 Windows. We've installed JDK (1.6.0_02) and run throughout the install process (patch name is SDSK_00149.EXE) apparently without problems.

On execution time, however, we only get a 'Directory Listing for /' page -listing an empty dir- instead of a login page. Copying any index.jsp into the ovportal root directory (C:\Archivos de programa\HP OpenView\SIP\webapps\ovportal) works (we can 'see' that file on http://localhost/ovportal), meaning _that's_ the directory where a bunch of .jsp files were supposed to be, but they aren't there (there are several sub dirs: WEB-INF, WEB-INF\classes, ... but no .jsp files).

Plus, by looking at the installation log, we found there are 6 NONFATAL ERRORS:

Modify Text File - Single File: No Target Chosen
Additional Notes: ERROR - Unable to locate ASCII text file to be manipulated. Deferring...

Modify Text File - Multiple Files: No target chosen
Additional Notes: ERROR - Unable to locate directory to be manipulated. Deferring...

...and so on. Does that mean some files that should be there haven't been correctly installed? Anyone saw anything similar? Thanks in advance.

JM
Pitt Zhou
Occasional Contributor

Hi juanmi,

Since JDK1.6.0_02 is not officially supported with Web Console SP24, you could try another JDK like JDK1.4.2_09 which is recommened by HP OVSD.

Also you could try to install Web Console SP24 in an English OS.

Peter
juanmi
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Peter, jdk 1.6 doesn't work with Web Console. Tried with jdk 1.4.2_16 and installed smoothly. Also installed the OVTomcat service, which also failed with 1.6.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event