Service Today HPSD4.5 SP 23

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Elizabeth Niels
Super Collector

Service Today HPSD4.5 SP 23

Hi
I created a custom field called updated that shows a light on icon when the call, problem incident etc has been updated by someone other than the person named in "to person"
This works fine but it needs to be shown as a field in Service Today as a lot of people use this view. I can understand that it is not possible to add a custom field to the view in Service Today but reading other posts there was a suggestion to make a UI rule that links the field to eg. Source ID or something else that is available on Service Today. As I am new to all this can someone explain exactly how I can do this and what effect this would have on the other modules if I use SourceID in Service Today.
Thanks
6 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: Service Today HPSD4.5 SP 23

Hi there,

The sourceID field is available on all record types and is intended for use when doing a data import or generating an event to be used as the unique key.

In my experience, it is quite safe to use SourceID as you wish because you can always use a custom field for its oringinal purpose if needed.

So what you need to do is to have a rule:
Condition: your custom field is not empty
Action: data update: SourceID set to your custom field.

Then confgure your Service Today views to set various font colours when sourceID has various values.

Hope this helps, Ruth

PS if you need screen shots just ask
http://www.teamultra.net
Elizabeth Niels
Super Collector

Hi Ruth and thanks for the reply..however I have just been told that we cannot use SourceID as it is already used for something with SAP.. it also needs to be a field that can display an icon ...

I have created a rule that the icon appears when the call/change/problem etc has been updated and a rule that removes it once the assign to person has opened the call.. both of these are UI rules.. what type of rule should be used for the view in service today (if there are any fields that can display an icon)
I find it really odd that the Service Today is so locked down.. anyone using more than one module will use this view so they dont have to keep changing views to know whats coming in :(
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Elizabeth,

You say:

"we cannot use SourceID as it is already used for something with SAP"

"it also needs to be a field that can display an icon"

The point here is that for it to be visible on Service Today it can only be a field that is available in Service Today and this menas you CANNOT use a custom field. So you have to look at the fields available in Service Today and decide which of these existing fields you can use for this. There are not many to choose from and ones with an icon must be a code field.

You also say: "I have created a rule that the icon appears" - which icon is this? Do you mean that you have set up a custom code on each of problem, SC and change with the same name? If so this will not work.

If this does not explain, please post screen shots of everything you have set up.

Regards, Ruth

Elizabeth Niels
Super Collector

Hi Ruth
I created the custom field with the light bulb icon that would appear when a call has been updated and yes I created it for every module. But I did think that instead I could alter the text colour to yellow when a call has been updated.. wouldnt that solve the problem in service today?
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Elizabeth,

The issue with Service Today is that you can only show (or use as conditions to control how a row is displayed) fields that are available in Service Today and that does NOT include custom fields.

Sorry but that is the way the tool works. That is why I responded saying using SourceID.

Regards, Ruth
Elizabeth Niels
Super Collector

Hi Ruth

OK thanks for your help.. will try to find a field that isnt already being used :)
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event