Did you mean: 

Service Pages

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
David R Baldwin
Regular Collector

Service Pages

I'm having problems with getting service pages to work.

If I log in as me with my admin account I can see all the engineer details (such as service calls, problems, incidents etc...).

If I log in as tester who is an SP account, then I see just service calls.

If I log in as Chris who has a service desk account and a Service Desk role, then I get the attached error. He is logged in (see screen shot) but if I hit the OK button, the login goes away.

If I give him admin role, then he can log in ok. If I give him service pages role, then he still can't log in.

How do I let people with SD accounts login to service pages - anyone got any ideas as to where I should look?

P.S. Using SD 5.1

Thanks, David
6 REPLIES
Karol Raffay
Collector

Re: Service Pages

You set up to Chris(in Person document)SP Account,because he has an application account.
You check to Person document for Chris and
assignment account.

Karol
David R Baldwin
Regular Collector

I don't think that works. When Chris logs in via Service Pages, he appears in the list of people logged in, so his account is being recognised already. If he changes the timezone during the log in, then that is also changed in his Application account, so I'm pretty sure that it is logged in.

What seems to be the problem is that the service page gets upset about his permissions somewhere which must be something to do with his role. If he has admin role he can get in.
Karol Raffay
Collector

You try to set up for Chris SP account "no timezone" and test it.
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

have you set up any custom fields that his role may not have access to? try creating a role that is specifically for service calls, give it full access and see if that takes care of the issue.
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
Jonathon Druce
Honored Contributor
Solution

Have you tried giving the role view access to the Application Account item? Are you using standard service pages?
David R Baldwin
Regular Collector

Thanks - setting up the Application Account has worked.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event