Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Service Pages error during the Log In

Highlighted
Dusko Milosevic
Super Contributor.

Service Pages error during the Log In

I have SP4.5 with SP11. Recently I tried to install Service Pages on same machine with SD Server. I did everything "by the book" and have this notification when trying to log in: Class com.hp.ifc.apiserver.ApiServerSession not found
I took one new Proliant DL360, intall W2K Server with SP4, put the new instalation of SQL with SP4 for SQL, install SD 4.5 with SP16, install Server and client and that works perfect, but when I installed Service Pages, with the instructions in Installation guide, I have the same problem. Two different machines, two different installations, two different SP for SD4.5... I am obviusly doing something wrong, can anyone tell me what.
Thank you,
Dusko
17 REPLIES
Vasily Aksenov
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Service Pages error during the Log In

did you check that servicepack.jar is new ?
Dusko Milosevic
Super Contributor.

I need more information regarding the servicepack.jar file. How to check how old is that file?
Thanks for answering.
Dusko
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Dusko,

Can you paste the erroneous output as an attachment?

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Dusko Milosevic
Super Contributor.

This is print screen of the message I am having. Iti is the same whan you do the log in, or choose a new user.
Dusko.
Jan Schepers
Super Contributor.

How did you start the Service Pages? Did you immediately install it as a Windows Service and start the service or did you start it from the start menu? If it's started as a Winows service then try stopping the service and starting it from the start menu. This will set some aditional environment variables. Once this is working, you can stop it and start it again as a service because the the environment variables stay in place.
Dusko Milosevic
Super Contributor.

I am starting Service Pages from the start menu. Could it be problem because both programs are on the same machine?
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.

There should be no problem running everything on one machine, my laptop does this and has recently come up to SP16. Have you set JAVA_HOME environment variable pointing at C:\JDK1.3.1_03 as installed from the HP CD? It won't like JAVA 1.4
Dusko Milosevic
Super Contributor.

Yes I did. I installed everything from the original CD. I set everything according the Installation guide, yet I couldn`t make the Service Pages to work as they should. Any other suggestions?

Dusko.
Carol Hibbard
Acclaimed Contributor.

This problem occurs when the first context parameter name of the web.xml file is corrupted. The web.xml file is found under service desk 4.5\service pages\webapps\sd-sp45\WEB-INF.
The first context parameter name of the web.xml file should be: "sd_application_server." When editing that file to put the hostname or IP address of SD application server, some users overwrite this parameter name instead of the corresponding parameter value. To fix, replace the overwritten parameter name by "sd_application_server" (without the quotes!).
Dusko Milosevic
Super Contributor.

Hello all, I am still having problems, and Service Pages still dont work. This is how my web api xml file looks like..

horus
sd_application_server

The name of the application server this web applications connects to.

horus is the name of the server. I tried with all the combinations, and still it doesn`t work. Help if you can,
thank you.
Dusko.
Jan Schepers
Super Contributor.

Dusko,

You switched the param-name and param-value. Try this one instead:

sd_application_server
horus

The name of the application server this web applications connects to.

Also make sure that you can ping the name horus (even if it's on the same machine). If you can't ping then try using localhost as servername.
Dusko Milosevic
Super Contributor.

Now it says "Failed reading response from server", I can ping the server... I am boring you I know but I need the Service Pages. Thank you for your patience.

Dusko.
Carol Hibbard
Acclaimed Contributor.

Are apache and tomcat running on horus?
Dusko Milosevic
Super Contributor.

Only tomcat is running on horus.
Dusko
Carol Hibbard
Acclaimed Contributor.

To test the tomcat installation: enter
http://:8080/sd-sp45/index.html

When trouble-shooting you will most likely want to check Tomcatâ s Jasper error log (this will be generated in the \\service
pages\logs folder).
Dusko Milosevic
Super Contributor.

The problem was gone when i put the java.exe in PATH of the system variables. Thank you all for helping.

Dusko.
Dusko Milosevic
Super Contributor.

As I told you, problem was solver with the proper PATH in system variables.

Dusko