The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 10:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 10:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Page problem??

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
jacky121
Regular Collector

Service Page problem??

Hi all,
i have a problem with the servicePages when i create new call all of fields are available except the workgorup & persons,,they are written as text not as button.so i cant select any person or workgroup???,
kindly how can i solve this issue.

Regards 2 all of u
5 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Service Page problem??

Hi

can you post a screenshot ans the version and SP you are using.
jacky121
Regular Collector

Hi again,
thx for replying ,am using SD 5.4 and in the attached above you will find print sreen of what am facing.

Regards,
Abed Said
Regular Collector

Hi Jacky,

You are logging to Service Pages with an account named Faiz.

Faiz is an end users so hin permissions only is to submit calls not to assign them to workgroups or persons. so thats why there is not text box to type or select from.

Hope this answered your question.

Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

as above the call is being viewed so the user may have different permissions to view the call as opposed to when they originally created the call.

I prefer NOT to let SP users modify the assigned to person and assigned to workgroup as they are not the person that knows the best assignement.

If you log on with a licensed user then they should have rights to change these fields.
jacky121
Regular Collector

Hi Mark
thx a lots for replying.
am agree with you but since my company has lacking in licensed they inform me to create SP account and make all the custumization & rules that will be needed.but as you said its not working,SP accounts as our collegue before said it used only by end users to submit the calls.

thanx for sharing the knowledge
Regards

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event