Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Page issue

Highlighted
Sue M
Occasional Advisor

Service Page issue

We are currently modifying the Service Page to hide the 'To Person' field and updating ID to read as Service Call ID. We are making these modifications in ViewEditServiceCall.jsp. We rename the old file to old and put this file back in. We are able to log into Service Page but when we click on the Service Calls (restricted list) we get the HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error. We have just started recently using OVSD and any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thx....
11 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Re: Service Page issue

It sounds as if Tomcat has failed to recompile your edited JSP, if you look closely at the error message it should tell you what it doesn't like. Unfortunately the line numbers refer to an expanded JAVA file in the WORK folder NOT your JSP source. If you'd like to post the JSP as an attachent to this thread (it shouldn't be too large) I'll take a look.
Susan Massey
Occasional Advisor

Mike, I have attached the jsp file. Thank you for your help....
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor

the sc_hm.getLabelServiceCallID() method you used does not exist.

If you want to change the label for the ID field, you can either:

a) modify the label for service call ID in the system console, under localized text. This will affect both the Java GUI and Service Pages.

b) just use a literal string
i.e. instead of "<%= sc_hm.getLabelServiceCallID() %>" use "Service Call ID"
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor

oh, and when you restore an old version of a .jsp file, you have to remove the corresponding files from work\localhost\sd-sp45. Otherwise tomcat will not recompile the old file, and you'll be using a cached version.
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

I beg to differ with Gyula - there is a method GetLabelID inherited from the IWorkflowHome which you should be able to use.
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor

Yes, there is a getLabelID method but there is no getLabelServiceCallID(). And that is why that attached jsp did not compile.
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor

the default code in ViewEditServiceCall.jsp uses getLabelID(). Sue replaced that with getLableServiceCallID() which does not exists. So in case she wants to use method (a) (modifying localized text), she needs to revert to getLabelID().

I hope I managed to explain what I mean.
Susan Massey
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately, I tried the localized text but then found that Service Call ID was also showing on Change, Incident, etc.....We have selected option B. I will let you know if it works (we are currently making some other adjustments so I may not respond back right away).
Susan Massey
Occasional Advisor

We have tested the ViewEditServiceCall.jsp and we now are able to click on the Service Calls (restricted list) and all the Open Service Calls display. However, when we click on an individual Service Call now we receive the HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error. Since we are still learning this tool did we forget any other jsp files that need to be updated. I have attached the HTTP Status 500 error. Your help is greatly appreciated!!!
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Susan - clicking on one of the items in the list is where ViewEditServiceCall would be invoked - it sounds like it still won't compile? When you say "you tested it" how did you do this?
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Hi Sue,

Can you send me the original Viewedit file?

What you need is only remove to person field..right?? Well I have tried this before and was successsful..

send me the file...

Regards,
Akhil
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event