Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Entitlement not working on service pages

Highlighted
Peter Widelund
Occasional Contributor

Service Entitlement not working on service pages

Hello!

I have problems with the service entitlement on SD4.5 SP14. It does not seem to work i service pages with limitimg the acess to service calls connected to the status of the service call.

Running on another system it all works, when status is above registred the user can not change values anymore, which is correct.

Hope anyone has any suggestions

Regards
Peter
5 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Service Entitlement not working on service pages

Hi,

have you set status entitlement on the Service Pages account? Try that and log on with a Service Pages account (not a client account).
Peter Widelund
Occasional Contributor

Hello!

Yes it has been set in general settings and then set status on the service pages role to only be able to change things when status set to Registred.

Peter
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

Hi Peter,

If i am correct, you have set restrictions on the Status values using UI Rules and my assumption is UI Rules will not function when accessed via Service Pages.

Anyone on the Forum looking at this comment may pls correct me. Thanks

Raman
Peter Widelund
Occasional Contributor

Hi!

No i have not used UI-rules since I am aware of that it does not affect service pages. I have used the service entitlement functionality and limitet the access for the role service pages.

Regards
Peter
Hasim.Baba
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I dont know if this would help you, but I had issues with SD 5 SP1 Service Pages role,i.e, no matter what I tried, the status entitlment did not work. The only way I was ultimately able to do it is by directly editing the jsp page for restricting the status to teh end user. Please note that the available status "label" are queried from the DB and populated in the vStatus select dropdown. For example in the createservicecall.jsp page, i did not want the user to see any other status except "New", so I edited it to look like this :

I am sure, you can add more values for other status as well (the ones you want to want to show it to the user). Make sure you backup the pages you are editing before you do these changes.

HTH
Regards,
-Hasim
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event