Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Service Desk show multiple sessions for the same user

Highlighted
J.A.S.
Super Contributor.

Service Desk show multiple sessions for the same user

Our Service Desk shows too many logged users from the same account (concurrent users).
We are using SD 4.5 SP18 on a Win2k3 Server.

Any ideas of how to fix this?
3 REPLIES
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Service Desk show multiple sessions for the same user

I've seen this problem when I've created created extended custom fields under SP20, at at time where users had not logged off properly (eg if they had just timed out). Each of these users creates many sessions until there are no more licences left. Have you created extended custom fields?

If that's the case, then getting the user with multiple logins to cleanly log out should clear it...for that user. But this can recur for other users until each has cleanly logged out.

(I assume you are seeing many sessions for the user rather than just 2 or 3, which might happen if he starts multiple sessions? ).
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Lisa Denison
Super Contributor.

Have you enabled the sending of attachments in outbound emails? There was a bug with that functionality which caused clients to end up using multiple licenses with only 1 real active session. My notes say it was solved in SP19 - see ITSM008559.

Hope that helps.
Cheers, Lisa
J.A.S.
Super Contributor.

The solution was this:
1- Stop all the Service Desk´s services.
2- Clean the server cache on: C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\cache
3- Erase the LogServer.txt on: C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\log
3- Execute the query "delete from rep_sessions" on the Service Desk´s Database.
4- Restart the Services.