The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 10:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 10:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk integrate with fax

Highlighted
alman
Collector

Service Desk integrate with fax

Hi there ,
Is there anybody who know , how to integrate the Service Desk with fax .

My scenario , is : In a Service Provider environment , when the Internet is down . I will not be able to send emails to customer and to my engineers about the downtime .
So the next alternatives will be to fax . I want to esclate by sending fax to my customers to tell them , the Internet is down . Is it possible via Service Desk .

Any idea ...
Email
4 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Re: Service Desk integrate with fax

Hello alman,

You can interface OVSD with a product like TelAlert, which will then be able to send a fax. Any software that can send faxes and can run called via a command line interface can be accessed via a DB rule in OVSD.

-Josh
alman
Collector

Hi thanks ,
Is Telalert , able to send out faxes , I thought sms and email only .
Can it send it to a group of customers .
Because we have around 150 customers . Can telalert able to send fax to that amount of people and do you need a fax server ...
Email
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

I am afraid I am not a TelAlert guru. However, I would be very surprised if any software that knows how to send a telephone message would not know how to send a fax. I suspect that the TAPI interface would be identical.

Any TelAlert is just one tool among many that could potentially do this job.

-Josh
Ashly A K
Honored Contributor

hi!

I don't think TelAlert can do this. It can send text messages to a Pager or cell phone.

I don't know about the new versions of TelAlert. That may/may not support fax. please check www.telalert.com/ for more data.

We are using TelAlrt for SMS & it works great!!!

-Ashly

http://www.geocities.com/helponhpopenview
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event