cancel

Service Desk database move

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
HPK
Trusted Contributor.

Service Desk database move

We have Service Desk 4.5 Service Pack 8 in use, and are planning to move its database (MS SQL Server 2000) to a new database server. Currently the database and Service Desk system are running on the same server (localhost). Once the database has been moved to the new server, is it enough that we change the database settings in Applications server --> Server settings editor or are there other settings somewhere that affect the database connection? Thanks for your help.
3 REPLIES
Sharma1
Trusted Contributor.
Solution

Re: Service Desk database move

Hi Brother,

Please find my document attached this will help you out in restoring and configuring the new server.

Just Backup the SQL DB from SQL and restore that to the New Server (You can also create a new instance and new User on the SQL server) and configure the Server Editor setting as per the screen shot.

Thanks
Abhishek Sharma
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
If you move DB in the same platform - MS SQL, you can doing that more simple - copy db file and transaction file to new place and mount this db in new server.
look on http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;224071

Vasily
HPK
Trusted Contributor.

Moving MS SQL database to a new server is clear. Just wanted to make sure that are there any other settings in Service Desk application server that need to be changed except the ones affecting server_settings.xml (in Server settings editor). I guess I got the answers, so thanks for your help.