Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk : contact it by a form ?

Highlighted
Lelorrain
Acclaimed Contributor

Service Desk : contact it by a form ?

Hello

My enterprise would like to change the help desk application. Perhaps to get HP OV Service Center (especially the Service Desk module).

Today, when a user detects an incident, he calls the service desk. But we want to give a little bit more like a form to fill (for example a form called "i've lost my app-xxx password")

So, I would to know how it could be possible with HP OV SC. With an additionnal module ? a webservices ? connect-it ?

I've searched in whitepapers but I've not found the answer...

Thank you
5 REPLIES
Greg Lusk
Super Collector

Re: Service Desk : contact it by a form ?

Lelorrain:

It's available by default. The user would just need to log in to the web client with thier account which would have restricted access but the ability to create new incidents. Although you would probably use an interaction instead of an incident.
Lelorrain
Acclaimed Contributor

Greg, thanks for answers

But user will have the standard HP OV SC interface ? could it be "easier" ? a very userfriendly and simple form ?

I think an interaction is really the best way to indicate the "i've lost my password" but the only think I want is have a easy solution for both users and service desk ;)

Greg Lusk
Super Collector

Are you talking about Service Desk or the just released Service Manager?

I assume you mean Service Manager. Service Manager is a completely new application that was derived from Peregrine's Service Center.

It does not look anything like Service Desk.
Lelorrain
Acclaimed Contributor

hoops... I think Service Desk was a module into the global solution "service manager"... but it seems to be different, no ?

Nowadays, i think we will use asset center + service center. How could this both answer efficiently to my special need ?
Lelorrain
Acclaimed Contributor

no more ?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event