The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk client on Blackberry devices

Highlighted
Jonathon Druce
Honored Contributor

Service Desk client on Blackberry devices

Has anyone done this or tried to? I suspect that the answer will be it can't be done. My alternative is to use the Web Console and have blackberry users connect to this. Any experiences that may help?
2 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Re: Service Desk client on Blackberry devices

Jonathon,

There is a rather simple client available for Windows-based PDAs. I do not know which OS is used by RIM, however.

-Josh
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Service Desk client on Blackberry devices

Someone is selling a wireless service desk solution. But it is expensive, requires it's own server, and not very capable.

Rigth now I'm in another project where wireless access is a requirement, and we've decided to develop our own. If you have the developer resources, then it is probably the best solution.

Depending on your needs, it may be possible to just modify service pages, so that is usable on a small screen and have the functions you need. In this case, we've decided to develop a full blown client, mainly because in this case we can do some caching which is advantageous when you are using slow gprs connectins.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event