Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk client and Service Page on Mac machines

Highlighted
mathur
Regular Collector

Service Desk client and Service Page on Mac machines

Hi,

We have service desk 4.5 SP20 on windows platform.

Please let us know if Service Desk client and Service Page can be executed on MAC systems.

Regards,
Crystenia
6 REPLIES
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Re: Service Desk client and Service Page on Mac machines

Crystenia,

I know for a fact MacOS is not a supported platform for Service Desk.

I've been able to open Service Pages using the Safari web browser from my iPod Touch, though.

Hope this helps.
Points are welcome.

The Pike
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

You can even run Service Pages server on MacOS - it is Java application running inside Tomcat.

You can of course open Service Pages in browser - it is simple HTML - no issue should be there.

Running SD client on MacOS - that's a tough one. The old client uses Microsoft JVM and last time I checked that didn't work even in WINE. Client 2008 was supposed to be in proper Java but uses Windows platform specific APIs - so no luck there either. Maybe WINE would be able to run it...
mathur
Regular Collector

Request for help on this.

I have Service Desk 4.5. I am able to access service page on safari browser but there is one dynamic customized drop down field "Name of Process".

This list does not show any value when running it on Safari browser.

Regards,
crystenia

The Pike
Honored Contributor

Last time I checked, Safari was not part of the Supported Platforms List for either SD4.5 or SD5.10.

Points are welcome.

The Pike
DeeJayWoody
Regular Collector

I don't know if you have a Citrix, Microsoft Terminal Services or XenApp, but it seems you could save yourself a lot of grief by publishing the application and letting the client run from the back-end on a supported operating system.
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

ServicePages uses HTML so simple it has to work even in Safari - maybe check some ad filters. If not, there is Mozilla for MacOS available as well - that can be used for sure. And you can still tweak source .jsp files to produce HTML that your target browser will be able to crunch...
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event